Lessons for Declan10/30/2012 - Author: Jennifer
As a mom, I have a big job to do. So here are a few things I hope to pass along.
- Take God with you in your heart. Let Him guide you. He already sees what is going on, so live to please Him.
- Do not let fear guide you. Listen to The Holy Spirit.
- Do not judge. This doesn’t mean acceptance, it means love.
- Stand up for what is right.
- Do not hold a grudge.
- Love yourself enough to not pollute your mind with images that you would not want your minister, mother, or anyone else to see.
- Do NOT bring home a bimbo. Women have worked too hard in past generations for us to act flighty/stupid/demeaning of ourselves. Find one who respects herself.
- You will get your heart broken. Remember the feeling–you may be on the other side.
- When you find “the one”, please go easy on me. I have been the primary woman in your life and now, someone else is the primary.
- Love yourself enough to wait. Virginity is a gift that can only be given once
- Find a wife who will love you more than she loves anyone else here on earth, including kids, if you have them. Marry a “God’s Girl”.
- Chivalry is not dead. If you think it is, resurrect it.
- When a lady walks in or approaches the table, stand up. Do not sit down until all ladies at the table have been seated.
- Love no matter what. No matter what it costs, bumps in the road, you may need to sacrifice. When you love, give it all you have!
- Never stop dating your wife. Put in effort and find a sitter if you have kids.
- Surprise those you love. Show them you are listening.
- When you go somewhere, be someone you would want to meet, not someone you regret and would not want to be around.
- Sometimes, you will need to be the bigger person.
- You will disagree with others—do it respectfully.
- Apologize without excuses. Own it!
- WRITE and have face-to-face conversations as much as possible.
- Be a friend to everyone.
- Please know that I have given you roots and wings. You can always come back after you have left the nest.
- When you tell me that I don’t understand what you are going through, you might be right. Give me patience, grace, and try to help me understand. I am here to help.
- When it comes to patience, look to your dad. He is the most patient man I know.
- Never stop learning.
- Rules are there for a reason, but sometimes you can dare to be different.
- Don’t look back. Learn from your mistakes, learn from your past, and move on!
- Try your best to handle your finances responsibly.
- Laugh often.
- You are loved and always will be.
9 Comments - Categories: Uncategorized