20 Questions That Sum Up 201212/30/2012 - Author: Jennifer - 10 Comments
1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year?
Celebrating 10 years of marriage. My husband and I went to see a game at Fenway Park, went whale watching, and ate A LOT of yummy food. I love city life and this was a perfect way for us to celebrate.
2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?
My son is in speech therapy. This has been financially draining on us.
3. What was an unexpected joy this past year?
Making new friends that I desperately needed in my life.
4. What was an unexpected obstacle?
We thought that God was allowing us to move back to Florida where we have friends and so many places that we love. When we put our house on the market, we fully believed it would sell, but it didn’t. My husband I both are confused why we BOTH felt God’s leading, but missed it completely. Obeying God and doing His will is something we both desire, so we are staying put and trying to be better listeners.
5. Pick three words to describe 2012.
- Celebratory~ My son turned 2 and we celebrated 10 years of marriage
- Humbling~ Not selling our house and disappointment in blogging
- Living with less~ We don’t eat out as much (hardly ever) and giving up cable (this was huge for us)
6. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe your 2012 (don’t ask them; guess based on how you think your spouse sees you).
- Happier~ meeting new people. For me, I NEED socialization
- Stronger~ survived trials
- Surprising~ never know what my hair color is going to be or what I want to do next:-)
7. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe their 2012 (again, without asking).
8. What were the best books you read this year?
- Unglued by Lysa TerKeurst
- Capture His Heart by Lysa TerKeurst
- For Women Only: What You Need to Know about The Inner Lives of Men by Shaunti Feldhahn
- Hope for The Weary Mom: Where God Meets You in Your Mess by Brooke McGlothlin and Stacey Thacker
9. With whom were your most valuable relationships?
Matt, my son, MOPS moms, and the ladies I met this year in the community Bible Study
10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?
Putting into practice what I read in the books listed above.
11. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally?
Less drama and yelling less.
12. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually?
Leaning on God for strength to yell less:) and get through trials.
13. In what way(s) did you grow physically?
Working more at losing weight, but still need to do more.
14. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others?
I am still working at being a better listener and talking less.
15. What was the most enjoyable part of your work (both professionally and at home)?
16. What was the most challenging part of your work (both professionally and at home)?
When I have to have everything ready for my son’s caretaker when I do have to work. I am not organized so this is challenging. I also ALWAYS forget at least 1 thing to tell the caretaker, but it ALWAYS ends up ok.
17. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?
Anytime I worry and stress.
18. What was the best way you used your time this past year?
19. What was biggest thing you learned this past year?
That having a bad day does not make me a bad person.
20. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2012 for you.
8~I am exhausted and completely crushed.
My groans come from an anguished heart.
9~You know what I long for, Lord;
you hear my every sigh.