The Blessing of Community07/23/2014 - Author: Jennifer - 2 Comments
These past few weeks have been a blessing to me because of community. Here’s a short rundown:
- I have had the privilege of meeting new ladies at Bible Study. This excites me because of my work schedule, there are not many opportunities to do this, but I found one and signed up. I am so glad I did.
- I was blessed to attend an Unveiled Wife Meet-up. I learned a few of things.
- My personal, quiet time with God is lacking.
- I need more accountability.
- I also feel more passionate for marriages.
- I also said good-bye to a friend who is relocating. We met at our mutual friend’s Rachel‘s house. We have A LOT going on in our lives, but we made the time. I am glad we did. These women bless me and challenge me and I am grateful to have them in my life.
These communities are of different ladies, but there are a few similarities.
- They share to help others and offer hope when you cling to Jesus. Really, there is no other way to make it through.
- I really do love the generations that are represented. They bring life experiences and wisdom.
- I also love and appreciate the seasons we all are in. We can all make a contribution.
We need community. It started in the beginning. Literally. God made Eve for Adam so he wouldn’t be lonely. I am not saying everyone needs a spouse. I am saying that we need human interaction. We need to make time. Stop making excuses. Be a part of community. Hopefully, you will bless others in the process.
Be blessed 🙂